Tuesday, September 13, 2011

More Lunches

Continuing on my back to school lunch posts...

There are lots of terrific sites for inspiring fun lunches. I was looking for fast, cheap and healthy with a side of interesting thrown in.

I created a list that I could print out and put inside one of my cabinet doors with fast lunch fillers that I know my kids like (a few examples: hard boiled eggs, grape tomatoes, cheese sticks, yogurt sticks (love Simply Yoplait and Stonyfield Farms!) chips and salsa, veggies, baby pickles, popcorn).

I usually pick 2 or 3 of these options and tuck them in. Now, these can be sides for a sandwich, but Julia just doesn't like sandwiches anymore - so I've become more creative.

Things like wraps and rolls, pasta salad, homemade lunchables (crackers, turkey and cheese), mini cucumber sandwiches are a big hit.

Here are a few other options we've tried that are working out great... (click on the highlighted link to take you to the recipe)

Peanut Butter and Jelly Sushi


Corn Dog Muffins




No comments: