Tuesday, September 13, 2011

More Lunches

Continuing on my back to school lunch posts...

There are lots of terrific sites for inspiring fun lunches. I was looking for fast, cheap and healthy with a side of interesting thrown in.

I created a list that I could print out and put inside one of my cabinet doors with fast lunch fillers that I know my kids like (a few examples: hard boiled eggs, grape tomatoes, cheese sticks, yogurt sticks (love Simply Yoplait and Stonyfield Farms!) chips and salsa, veggies, baby pickles, popcorn).

I usually pick 2 or 3 of these options and tuck them in. Now, these can be sides for a sandwich, but Julia just doesn't like sandwiches anymore - so I've become more creative.

Things like wraps and rolls, pasta salad, homemade lunchables (crackers, turkey and cheese), mini cucumber sandwiches are a big hit.

Here are a few other options we've tried that are working out great... (click on the highlighted link to take you to the recipe)

Peanut Butter and Jelly Sushi