Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Wandering the beach today I realized how much I take for granted lately. I try as a matter of course to be appreciative of what I have and sometimes more importantly - what I don't have.

I think it's human nature to be so caught up in living that sometimes I forget to really appreciate what is in front of me. Or perhaps being caught up in living is appreciating what you have.

I love that I get to experience winter again - but with blue skies and sun. The short, gray days are few and far between on the coast.

I am so grateful I had 2 1/2 weeks with my mom here. She did dishes and helped with the girls. The girls loved having her here, and I really think she forged great bonds with them. It made my life easier while Dan has been gone so much over the last 3 weeks.

I'm happy that my girls are so polite and kind. They each have their moments - but for young children - they are amazing.

I'm so grateful to live in such a beautiful area.

There is so much more - but for today - that's enough.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

We always say, someone else always has it worse! It is a good thing for the soul to sometimes reflect and be thankful for what we have!

I'm glad you had such a great time with your Mom. I hope she is doing well!