Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Sisters

I'm so grateful I have two daughters. I always wanted a sister. Then I was hoping my sisters-in-law would want to be my surrogate sisters. That didn't really happen. I've been thinking about that a lot lately. I guess when you already have sisters you aren't as interested in finding them wherever you can. I'm satisfied that my SILs and I at least get along well.

BUT - my girls. It's strange how two kids from the same parents are so similar and so different. At birth Julia had a headful (ok - the side and back - she was bald on top) of dark wavy hair and the blackest of black eyes. Anna was born with blond hair and blue eyes.. .and that is where the difference begin... Julia was the mellowest of babies, an amazing sleeper and barely ever cried. She was happy and smiled - but you had to work for it! Anna on the other hand is a hyper baby, could care less about sleep and loves to scream and cry. She is the happiest baby I have ever been around - EVER. She is full of smiles and giggles and is just joyful. I found the quote

“God one morning, glad of heaven,
Laughed--and that was you!” ~ William Brian Hooker

and it describes the Banana perfectly. She is joy!

I can't wait to see what Anna will grow into - Julia is now a drama queen... she is funny and loves to sing and dance (I mean constantly) and is very outgoing and adventurous.

I now say that Julia is the kind of girl that boys/men will write poems, books, stories, movies ABOUT and Anna is the kind of girl that boys/men will write poems, books, stories, movies FOR.

I just love my girls. I'm so glad they have a sister!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

any pics ofthem?