Wednesday, May 14, 2008

So much to say...

I don't know how to share just a little. Perhaps that is my overwhelming personality flaw. It manifests itself in so many ways.

The truth is, I just don't know how to converse in small talk. I love to tell stories and I frequently spill the back story, front story and side stories to tell that one story. Some would say I'm an "oversharer" others would say I'm a talker. Frequently I do this when nervous or anxious, but I'm just as likely to do it with people I'm comfortable with. I love to hear other peoples stories too, in fact, other peoples stories are utterly fascinating to me. I just don't' know how to listen with out empathizing and when I empathize I try to bridge that gap between here and there with yet more stories of my own. Because I get it... you know. I just don't get that sometimes listening doesn't require the level of empathy I work at.

What the???

I know.

The point here is that I have so much to share. So many little and HUGE things are happening to my family right now, but I don't know how to say it in pieces right now. I'm having a hard time separating the little important stories from the big ones. It will come I'm sure, but in the mean time I just might be quiet.

Obviously not for long, because come on, when have I ever really been quiet, right?

No comments: