Thursday, April 20, 2006

First borns are STUPID

Anna B has been showing off her freaking genius lately. She can pretty much count to 11 (occasionally leaving one or two numbers out) and now she knows about 1/2 of her alphabet in terms of their phonic sound. I'm not kidding. See - she's brilliant. THEN - this weekend she freaked us out again while playing with her letters on the fridge - she knew about 10 of them by sight.

Yeah - I'm impressed - but I'm her mom. I'm always impressed.

Other people - not so much.

Anna brought my friend an H fridge magnet and showed her "H" then made the aitchy sound. :) My friend says - "Gotta love those 2nd kids, they learn things so much faster, it has to be because she has a big sister showing her"

This is about the 20th time I've heard this. "Oh, she's sitting early because she's the 2nd" "she standing in her crib at 7 months because she's 2nd" ...

This leads me to believe that first born children are just slacking dumb butts. So what people are saying is that my 5 year old daughter is a better teacher than I am??? That's just great.

Bitter? who me?

NO, I'm not.

I'm just a first born, I don't understand the question.

;)

1 comment:

Jojo said...

hahahhahahha

I think Anna is a smartie - so is Julia - so - Emma should be Einstein II!!! It's definitely genetic, too.