Monday, May 16, 2005

Alright - I'm 30!!!! Happy Birthday to me!

So - I'm 30. Big whoop! :) As in my earlier post - (about turning 30) I'm really ok with it. Let me tell you what I learned today. I don't have good friends - I have GREAT friends. My good friend Julie who left me and moved to Georgia last year sent me a Sephora gift certificate and some super kind words. She knew I was looking to get some Demeter Summer Vacation perfume... lo and behold - I had a black Sephora box waiting for me tonight - with Summer Vacation in it... WTG Dan! And I still have the GC to spend!

Yesterday Dan and Julia (and Anna too) gave me the best present. I was on very strict orders not to leave the bedroom until noon. I could nap, watch tv, read, take a bath - but not to leave the room. At Noon they came in and gave me waffles they made for breakfast - then I was able to come out... they had been cleaning all morning. :) WTG Dan! We had a great dinner last night at Black Angus - everyone behaved. Anna slept through the night - and it wasn't even my birthday till today!

Today I opened my computer and Dan had left a birthday card on my keyboard -and then Julia decorated (mostly covered all the text and pictures with black marker) and signed a card for me all by herself.

So - tonight I spent my birthday at Julia's Soccer party at Peter Piper Pizza. it was fun and the kids were thrilled to get their medals! But - the absolute best part was - I opened the car door to get out and my good friend Tammy was standing there with a bouquet of flowers, a balloon - and 2 cakes - a cheesecake for me and a birthday cake (just in case!). :) How cute. Best of all - she had gone out and bought the fixins to make me Chicken Marsala for dinner so I didn't have to eat Peter Piper pizza for my dinner. After reading the recipe and starting - she realized she wouldn't have it done in time - but really - how amazing!! She knows my philosophy that everyone should have a cake and a balloon on their birthday. I was moved beyond words. We then went out to dinner (and Margaritas) with them after. Can you believe it!!!! How nice of her!

I had phone calls (it was ringing all day!!) and cards from all the people that are important to me... (THANKS LISA!). SO - what a night. I'll eat my ice cream cake followed with a cheesecake chaser... and go to bed feeling loved and content - and smelling like I'm on summer vacation!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

No comments: