Monday, August 28, 2006

Em...

I'll let you in on a little secret - cuddling with a baby all warm and full from nursing who still has that sweet smell on their breath and the pinkest, rosiest cheeks is the best thing for curing depression, for a moment anyway.

I know I haven't been happy. Not that I don't want to be here - but living in transition is hard. Living in a hotel waiting for your life to start is hard. The issues of being unemployed for 6 months are catching up with us and making life even harder. I'm scared for my mom as she goes through a difficult time. I'm hormonally a bit, well, off. All that combines to ugly days. I think the clouds are clearing a bit, even as the literal clouds roll in.

Emma has been a difficult baby to live with. Yet, it is so nice to see who she is with the pain that plagued her days as a newborn, mostly under control. She has the most amazing smile, with dimples on top of her dimples. Her laugh is delightful.

She's just good for the soul.

1 comment:

Dori (Aviva's mommy) said...

Snuggles are the best to cure the blues.

HUGS!