Wednesday, August 30, 2006

It starts...

Julia met her teacher today... she seems to be a wonderful person - exactly what you'd want for Kindergarten! Her name is Ms. D and she's very nice.

They will be doing the Kissing Hand in class tomorrow. I'm so happy. Julia received this book from my friend S when she was just a baby and it's a favorite in our house. I have to decorate a hand for her to take with her... and help her trace one too.

Julia classroom is great - they have computers in the class - all of these windows that overlook the playground. I just love this room. They have a big round window in the reading area or "peace center" where the kids have quiet time.

Now we learn all about the bus, buying lunches and milk... the world of school starts tomorrow. I'll be driving her to school but starting next week she'll take the bus a couple days a week. That way I don't have to drive Dan into work everyday.

She also starts skating lessons next week.

She is feeling much better about school. The gym teacher remembered her from last week and called her by name and the principal knew who she was as well. So Julia was relieved. On the way out of the school today she told me, "Mom, I'm excited about making friends tomorrow, but I'm still, really, really, really, really nervous."

Me too, but she'll be fine!

1 comment:

Dori (Aviva's mommy) said...

I am so glad it went so well today. It sounds like it will be an excellent class and tell Miss Julia that Aviva sends her a big hug. Tell her Aviva said she was nervous and excited but she is loving it.

HUGS!