Thursday, September 14, 2006

I'll tumble for ya...

We are not a graceful group.

It all started when Dan received a drunken dial at 3am back when we still lived in a hotel. It was someone at a party back in Arizona that was drunk and had Dan’s business card, calling to ask if Dan could bring an Energy Drink out to them. Apparently someone not in the know. Dan doesn’t wake well. It takes him a good 5 minutes to regain consciousness after a deep sleep. He jumped up to get the phone, running through the dark hotel room, tripping on Em’s bouncy seat and pitching forward onto his face. He was sore and relatively unscathed other than a cut on his hand.

Then it was Anna’s turn. On our way down to the beach Anna ran in front of Dan and tripped him, only he was able to regain his balance. Anna was not quite so lucky, and fell on her knees and then onto her face. She had road rash on her knees and forehead, but was OK.

Then me, and I guess Emma too. Mine was a doozy as you know a 300 lb woman doesn’t go down easy. I fell down the stairs going out of the house. I stepped down onto my ankle and the ground was uneven. My ankle went one way while the rest of me went the other, resulting in a nasty fall. I was carrying Em in her car seat, so I twisted and turned to avoid dropping her or landing on Anna. Both girls were fine and Em landed gently on the ground. Me, not so much. I have a nasty sprained ankle and some lovely bumps and bruises. Luckily my neighbor was outside and saw the fall. He ran right over and assisted me. He called for his wife “OH MY GAWD, CATHY, COME HERE, OH MY GAWD!” I was busy trying to calm Anna down in between vomiting and laughing. To make a long story short, fell, it hurt, went to the doctor, it a damn good sprain, gonna live but all the stairs in our house are a bitch in the meantime.

Julia was next and she fell as she was getting down off the school bus. Her ankle twisted as she stepped down and she fell forward and landed on her elbow. She was mostly embarrassed although her funny bone was sore for a couple of hours.

Let’s just say if we’re this clumsy on dry land, imagine how long this winter is going to be!

No comments: