Saturday, September 02, 2006

Todd A. Isaac

Back in July, Dale got an idea to have one blogger each cover each of the victims of 9/11. He set out to get 2,996 bloggers to cover all of the victims, and he exceeded his goal. I am honored to be a part of his project.
Todd A. Isaac
July 18, 1972 - September 11, 2001

Today is about Todd.


Todd was born in the Bronx, NY to Betty and Odell Isaac. He leaves a brother Odell and a girlfriend Sandra Perez behind. He leaves us all with his story.

He won a prestigious admission to Phillips Academy, where he played Varsity basketball. He then went on to earn a BA in economics from Holy Cross, and was a start point guard on the Varsity basketball team. He then joined Cantor Fitzgerald as a Corporate Broker, and was made a partner in 2000. He died in the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001.

I never knew Todd, and I feel it's best to leave any tribute of him to those who knew and loved him. Through tears I read account after account of what Todd meant to people. It saddens me to know that this world lost such an amazing man so early in his life, and so many more like him. You are remembered, missed and honored today Todd. Thank you for sharing your smile.

I have compiled a list of links and other memorial sites to learn more about Todd. Please stop by his memorial fund site and help them if you are able. All site links are clickable (just click on the name of the site and you will be redirected).

- The Todd A. Isaac Memorial Scholarship Fund

- 9-11 Heroes

- Andover Bulletin

- Cantor Family Tributes

- Cantor Fitzgerald Relief Fund

- CNN September 11 Memorial

- Legacy.com Remembering September 11

- The Flagship

- Commemerate WTC

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely tribute to a fine young man so full of promise. That firm lost the most people on that day, most of their staff. At least he was not alone. My heart goes out to his family and the families of all victims. Please know that we in England remember as well and you will all be in our hearts tomorrow.
I have also posted under this project. My assigned person is Abner Morales.

kateandjona said...

Thank you for sharing memories of Todd.

Jonathon's Closet remembers Robert Levine, also a Cantor employee.

Raggedy said...

Wonderful Tribute!
Thank you.
These are sad and hard to read....
I am honored to be a part of this project.
Mine is posted also...

The 2996 link is down. I have a new link on my site to view the participants.

Bless you…

Anonymous said...

Thank you for honouring Todd.

I participated as well.

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for remembering Todd. He was an amazing you man. I know that because he was my first cousin.
It very touching to know so many cared.

Thank you again and God Bless

We've started a Christmas Charity in his name. If anyone would like to donate please go to Toddisaactoys.com