Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Typing typing typing....

Some of you who knew me 3 years ago might remember when I was just about to embark on a new career in medical transcription...

well - an unexpected job transfer, a baby and a new life put a temporary end to that as the company I was going to train for and do work with was a local group

I'm looking for a job that will allow me to work from home or at least work evening/weekend hours so that I can earn some extra money but not do the whole paycheck to daycare routine. I was thinking about starting my own business doing outsourced clerical work - typing, data entry, phone screening, mailings, etc.

Two of my friends have recently mentioned medical transcription work... so any of you out there do this kind of work? How did you get started? Do you freelance or work for a company? Where did you do your training? Did you go to school, complete an online training program or an at home program?

1 comment:

Veronica Burchard said...

Good luck Het! I am sorry I don't have any advice but wishing you all the best!