Sunday, March 18, 2007

I can finally tell you why I've been such an absent blogger. There are many reasons but there are two of importance. One is that Dan has been out of town 4-5 days each week for the last 5 weeks, so I've had less computer time. Then when the kids are in bed each night, I'm not exactly in the mood for creativity.

The second reason is a very exciting reason. I'm starting my own business. I can't go into too many details till I launch, but I am incredibly positive about this opportunity. I need a job - and with Dan gone so often, a traditional part time job isn't practical. I'd hand over most of my paychecks to babysitting or daycare.

I'm going to work mostly from home as a virtual assistant. I'm going to start out slow and with minimal start up costs. I'm going to work for mostly local clients at the beginning - so I can build some recent references. The one thing I have in abundance (besides a*ss) is office experience, it's just been 6 years since I've used them for anyone besides Dan and my family. So instead of working in someone elses office, I'm going to do my best to do the work from my home office. Eventually I hope to be 90-100% virtual.

That's it in a nutshell. I'm only looking for part time work to start with and someday maybe make a full time business out of it - but for now I believe it's going to meet my needs.

2 comments:

Dori (Aviva's mommy) said...

I know you will do a great job....I cannot wait to hear all about it when it takes off with fire.

HUGS!

Kristen said...

Good luck! I can feel your exitment. A new buisness is super exciting!