Monday, March 19, 2007

Talky, talky

On Friday I did something that I haven't done in a long, long, long time. I talked on the phone for just about 6 hours.

Dan was on his way home from Florida - and caught up in the big winter storm. His flights were cancelled and so he was hopping from airport to airport, slowly getting closer to home.

I had been alone with the girls for 5 days, and this was just another week of him being out of town. I was starved for adult conversation. I was emailing my friend (the one I've mentioned before that was my best friend for 7 years of my life during my school years - we had a falling out and didn't talk for 10 years and have been in touch for the last 2 years getting reacquainted) and her husband was also out of town, so she called me.

It was like the ten years hadn't ever passed. We spent some time tripping down memory lane, but most of the time we were talking about our present lives. It was as if one of us went on vacation and we were just catching up on what had happened on our trip.

It was wonderful.

No comments: