Monday, March 31, 2008

I wanna hold your hand...



So, the bed is assembled and I'm very surprised by the quality and how sturdy it is. We bought this particular one because it's low to the ground so if there is tomfoolery (Dan's word) the collateral damage might be less. If I had to do it over I would have switched a couple of the boards around so that the white side was on the side most evident, but maybe I'll get around to that some other time. The giant canopy ruins the look of the room, but it's super cool to sleep with at night. With just their little nightlight in the room, the white dots look like stars.

I get Julia all tucked in last night and she's obviously a bit uncomfortable. I can't figure out why. Anna comes in from her bath and gets dressed in her pjs and then is all tucked in on the bottom bunk. Anna is uncomfortable.

After about 10 minutes it becomes evident they don't like this set up. Anna finally whispers, "momma, I don't like this, I can't see Julia" Julia replies with, "Mom, I'm kind of lonely up here."

They ended up sleeping together on the bottom bunk.

I had a cry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute! By the way, I'm loving the tomfoolery word... :)