Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring cleaning

What have I been up to?

Well, lets see. I have been submitting proposals for jobs. (keep your fingers crossed)

I've been doing lots and lots of laundry.

I was supposed to be in training for my binding authority this week and next week. That didn't quite work out, but I think it lit a fire under my fat arse. I've been selling baby stuff on craigslist and I'm getting ready to list a bunch of baby clothes on ebay. I packed up boxes and boxes of stuff for charity and, guess what, it actually made it there.

Did I mention the laundry?

This weekend we're hoping to head to IKEA in Massachusetts to check out some dressers (Dan and I do not have any) and possibly a bunk bed for the girls. We'll need to restock our plastic plates/bowls and cups for the girls since our neighbor seems to like them so much we don't get them back.

Sunday is going to be spent finishing my office (our current dressers are the bookshelves that are supposed to be in my office) and going to a hockey game.

Next weekend is a big weekend in the Dough house. It's clean out the storage unit weekend. We are renting a truck and will be hauling mass quantities of things to charity, craigslist, freecycle, the recycling center and the dumpster. Then we're moving into a tiny little unit at less than half the cost. Yeah us! I would love to say we could get by without one at all, but in our townhouse there isn't a lot of storage for bulky items (bikes for 5 people immediately comes to mind) and we don't have a garage or outdoor storage space.

The girls are doing great, and itching for Spring (I mean real Spring, not the little date that passed by last week). Unfortunately I see snow in our forecast. The good news is Spring is close enough to get excited about. I'm not stir crazy yet, but I will also be glad when the warm weather rolls around. Spring is what makes Winter worth bearing!

Julia will be in school until almost the end of June due to the snow days they have accumulated. Anna is busy NOT potty training. Emma is busy being 2 and expanding her vocabulary by leaps and bounds daily.

So, that's us in a nutshell. Whew. I'm spent.

No comments: