Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Tomorrow...

Tomorrow is the day. Ten years since I was married.

Tomorrow is the day I will stand on that same dock with my husband, joined by my three beautiful little girls.

Tomorrow is the day I promise to love him and be committed to him as I have been the past 10 years of our marriage.

Tomorrow is the day I hold his hand and say, "I do, again"

Tomorrow is the day I tell my girls they were what made our love a family.

Tomorrow is the day my family gets married.

What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. -Matthew 19:6


_________________________

I have always told my girls they were my gifts. Julia was our Christmas gift, born a few days after Christmas. Anna was my birthday gift, born a few days after my birthday. Emma was Dan's birthday gift, born a few days after his birthday.

Looking for a quote for tomorrow's little "moment", I found this. This is what I will tell my girls, "You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them." ~Desmond Tutu

They are indeed our gifts.

________________________

I came across this one and loved it...
You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back.
William D. Tammeus quotes

________________________

I think this is mine for Dan...

James Weldon Johnson:
"The world, for me,and all the world can hold is circled in your arms, for me their lies within the lights and shadows of your eyes, the only beauty that is never old."

_______________________

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes on your 10th Anniversary! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversay Het and Dan!

May you be blessed with much happiness in the coming years!

Love to you and your family,

Deb