Monday, September 17, 2007

Hmmmm.....

I took this career assessment tool that I found on Like a Fish Out of Water, and I'm amazed by it. Most of them have to do with where I was heading with my education... counseling of some kind, some form of social work or some sort of law. hmmm....

These were my results...

cl
ergy

Child and Youth Worker

Social Worker

Addictions Counselor (was my major at MSU - psych and criminal justice)

Motivational Speaker (would love to... have considered a motivational podcast)

Gerontologist (not so much)

Probation / Parole Officer

Art / Music Therapist (no talent here...)

Marriage and Family Therapist

Religious Worker

Community Worker

School Counselor

Career Counselor

Rehabilitation Counselor (what I thought I'd be)

Sport Psychology Consultant

Psychologist

Humanitarian Aid Worker

High School Teacher Considered this - but think I'll stick to the younger set (PK-2nd grade)

Music Teacher / Instructor (except I have no talent whatsoever)

ESL Teacher

Foreign Language Instructor (I have studied 5 years of French, 3 years of HS Spanish and 2 years of collegiate Spanish, and 1 year of ASL)

Director of Photography (I was a photog for the school paper - does that count? HA!)

Customer Service Representative (done this)

Adoption Counselor

Criminal lawyer (what I wanted to do for about a decade of my life, some sort of law, but mostly a defense lawyer)

Director

Civil Litigator

Lawyer

Judge

Editor

Actor (oooohhhh I'd love to, but missing that performance thing)

Librarian (I don't think so)

Mediator

Criminologist (this was what I wanted to do eventually, mixing psych with CJ)

Professor

Desktop Publisher

Corporate Trainer

Animator

Cartoonist / Comic Illustrator

Computer Trainer


To check yours:

1. Go
here
2. Put in Username: nycareers, Password: landmark
3. Take their “Career Matchmaker” questions

No comments: