Sunday, August 21, 2005

SO - I have a new computer (m)

I'm going to do something I rarely do - but I need to vent about my husband!!! OK - he was SOOO nice last year after Anna was born and bought me a new laptop! I was so excited! A couple of months later the cord started having troubles staying in... so we called HP and they said to send it in and they would fix it. We didn't. It got worse. Finally I told Dan before the warranty was up it needed to be fixed. He didn't. THEN - I told him the very least we needed to buy the extended warranty - HE DIDN'T!

For 6 months I've suffered with a computer that won't stay plugged in , with little to NO complaining- it's so annoying where it hibernates ever 10 minutes because it lost it's charge un-noticed. ... warranty is expired now - and you can extend the warranty at this point.

NOW - Dan needs to use my computer for school. He uses it all the time - and is having to deal with all of the things I've warned him have been a problem for me. It's frustrating for him. Within a month - my cord refuses to stay plugged in unless you hold it in - and you can feel the current running through your hand. SO all of a sudden he decides it really needs to be fixed. $400-$600 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So - because he REALLY has to have a working computer for school - we go buy a new one. Now - keep in mind we got a killer deal on my computer - it is considered a desktop replacement laptop - it's big and heavy - but is super fast and has lots of memory... and now I've had to be downgraded to half the computer I had.

So - we get home and I ask Dan to please get me the Microsoft Office disk so I can download it. He says sure - he remembers EXACTLY where he put it. NOPE - he has no clue! So after three hours of looking - I'm still without - WORD, EXCEL, PHOTO or OUTLOOK. :( I don't even have my itunes.

Are you feeling for me yet? Ok - so on the scale of global tragedy this is merely a blip on the radar - or not even a blip - more like a bli - but still I'm pregnant, hormonal and want things to work.

SO the lesson here - get stuff fixed for free during the warranty period.

No comments: