Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Thank you so much for your prayers...

They are much appreciated. I am truly amazed and in awe of the outpouring of love and support for my parents and our family today.

For those of you looking for details - here is what I know thus far. My parents were in a car accident this morning (Tuesday, 8/23) early in the morning. They were outside of Kalamazoo, MI.

My mother was medi-vacced to Bronson's Trauma Unit and my father was taken by ambulance. They have serious injuries but none appear to be life threatening. Here is a sample of their injuries.

My father: broken neck (he is NOT paralyzed, and has feeling and movement in his extremeties), broken sternum, punctured lung, broken ribs, broken fingers, lacerations and contusions.

My mother: bruise on left side of her brain, broken wrist, broken vertebrae, broken ribs, lacerations and contusions.

They are at Bronson Medical Center in Kalamazoo, MI in their trauma unit. Please do not call the hospital as neither of my parents can answer their phones and the nurses are not allowed to give information.

I will try and keep this updated with as much information as I can. I appreciate that so many of you want information on them - and are requesting a way to get info without having to call. Hopefully this will help, although I love to hear from you as well.

Ben and Mel are with my parents in Kzoo - and are trying to get in as often as they can, please keep them in your prayers too as they deal with this! Dan and the girls and I are going to fly out on Friday.

Sweetie Pie is OK and is safe in an animal shelter. Gretchen is still missing. I pray she is found safe, and soon so that my dad can relax.

THank you again. We love you!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Oh Het - how frightening! I am so sorry. Keeping them all in my prayers! HUGS!