Thursday, August 18, 2005

So - I've had many emails about my post last night

I'm sorry I was so vague... that's very unlike me! ;) Here are the details of my frustrations with my doctor -

So - the points I'm upset about:

1- they said they did not run a pregnancy test with my blood work July 19 - THEY DID - and it was POSITIVE! eeeeeeek! It was borderline - but still positive. So - I'm at least 5 weeks gestation .

2- they said my blood tests came back normal on July 19 - THEY WEREN'T! My red blood cell count was highly elevated - AND I was pregnant!

3- They said my pelvic ultrasound was "unremarkable" - LIARS! The test results say that I had an abnormally thick endometrium. Now - in the absence of problems 1-2 would indicate that my pains were endometriosis - in the presence of problems 1-2 above - it means I WAS PREGNANT!

4 - They said that my Aug 12 progesterone levels were normal - THEY AREN'T! My progesterone level was 8.1 . With Anna it was a 10 - and I was rushed on to progesterone and had bleeding issues. In February my level was 7.9 - and I lost the baby. NORMAL (it says so right on the damn test result) is 11.2 - 90 for 1st trimester. The fact that I'm 7-8 weeks LMP means it should easily be over 20.

5 - I specifically called them about my progesterone levels - and asked if they were normal. THEN I asked for the numbers. They only gave me the NORMAL speil.

SO - I'm mad. Beyond mad.

I called my new OB and asked them what I can do - and they said since I've never been in their office there isn't anything they can do until next week. They were SOOOO nice. She tried to get me in earlier but couldn't. She told me that the test result from 7/19 would indicate that I'm 5-8 weeks gestation - so 7-10 weeks pregnant. She also stressed that the progesterone level was low (not that she was "telling" me - since she couldn't) - take it easy until Tuesday and that they'll get it all straightened out.

So - thanks for your concern... I still feel really positive, I'm just mad they would give me such bad info! I will keep you posted!

No comments: