Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Love all God's creatures, big and small..

except for the one's that shit all over the floor.

Yes, Trooper is giving me a run for my money. I'm ready to chuck him overboard and begin life anew with no dogs!

He's always been a pain in the proverbial arse - he LOVES paper products - paper towels, napkins, diapers... all the way up to cotton products - particularly underwear. Now I'd think it was the "ahem" smell - but he'll eat brand new ones too. He's been a good dog though. With just a couple minor skirmishes - he's done well. The only times he's ever really had accidents inside is when he's doing the "boy" dog thing and marking his territory when another dog had been present.

Here at the hotel though - he's decided to make this his personal toilet. He's pooped 6 inches outside the kitty litter box - 3 times now. Yes, he's a dog. An 80 lb mutt with no prior interest in the kitty litter box except for the occasional snack. (eeeeeew - I know). He also ate through his wonderful pop up kennel. Also unlike him. He's always loved being kenneled and often chooses to go in it on his own terms.

So - tonight we dropped some $$$ and bought him a new wire kennel (cuz we have all the room in the world in this hotel room with 5 people and their stuff). The guy at the pet store recommended doggy day care so he's not lonely during the day. UMMMMMMMMMMMMMm - I'm with him all day!!! I have no car. I can't go anywhere.

Dan walks him before he leaves at 8am - I walk him again at 11am and then after the girls nap around 2p or 3p and then dan walks him again when he gets home at 6p and then 2-3 more times before bed. Yesterday he wouldn't pee for me on the leash... today he did fine - but then was pooping inside.

I think he just is full of shit after not pooping regularly in the car for 5 days. Let's hope. This momma has enough on her plate to deal with baby poop, 2 year old poop, kitty litter and now dog poop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shit happens!