Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Seriously folks...

I'm not a happy camper.

6 hours in the car - no DVD - bad
no DVD because alternator is dead and needs replaced - VERY bad

So - we're leaving New Mexico in the morning and driving to the closest Honda dealership to get the alternator replaced (hopefully that is... they were already closed there when we found out what was wrong with the van). If we stay here - it will take them 3 days to get the part in.

Hopefully the Honda dealer in Amarillo will have the alternator on hand - and will take pity on us and get us in right away. ummmmmmmmmmmm - yeah right.

DId I mention that our car just had it's 36K mile check up 2 weeks ago - and now we're 500 miles over our warranty period?????????????

Oh - yeah - did I also mention that the earliest our A/C people will get in to fix our A/C back at the house is AUGUST 31. We need to go with them since they repaired this same thing a couple months ago and it should be covered by the same warranty.

An update: The VAN won't start at all now... we have to find someone to jump the car at 4am - then let it run for an hour before we can drive it - then we need to drive it to the dealership.

2 comments:

Dori (Aviva's mommy) said...

HUGS HET!! I am sorry things are so stressful now. I sure hope it gets fixed tomorrow. Thinking of you.

Jojo said...

Oh my gosh! I am sorry to hear all this. I can't imagine. Someday, someday far, far in the future, you'll look back at this and laugh... or at least you'll laugh after you punch me in the face for saying that. ;)