Thursday, July 27, 2006

Sometimes you're wrong

And I guess this time I sure was...

Anna is happy as a clam without Julia here. I thought for sure today would be a hard day for her. So far - she's having a blast. I guess I didn't realize how much time/energy/attention that Julia takes. Anna listens to everything I ask her to do - and she's happy. Not a single tantrum yet today.

She's asked where Julia is twice and wasn't upset when I reminded her.

Here are some funny things I've heard from Anna in the last 20 hours...

- Trying to scratch the bug bite on her shoulder thats out of her reach... "oh no. OH NO. Mommy, cratch peese. I can't reach it. Oh NO. I can't reach it. Hewp me."

- "Hey momma - knock, knock?" laughing hysterically "orange" laughing hysterically.

- "Hey momma, I'm (signing HUNGRY). Yunch peese?" So I ask her what she wants for lunch. "NOT butter and jerry"

Something else she's doing that just cracks me up - and reminds me of what a joyful little spirit she has (and what a ham she is)... when she's excited about something she throws her little arms in the air injubilation and squeals "WHOO HOO". She does this running up the hill by our hotel to get to the wildflowers, and yesterday she did it while running down the beach to the lake. It's cute times ten.

Well - even if Anna doesn't miss Julia yet - I do. Not in the dramatic wailing momma kind of way - but I didn't realize how much time I spend talking to her and how much of my daily conversation involves her. I don't miss the constant bickering/struggling between her and Anna, and I don't miss her new 5 going on 13 attitude but I do miss her. Not enough to drive up and pick her up though. ha ha ha ha

No comments: