Monday, April 04, 2005

You aren't getting any younger, you know?

I'm staring down 30 and I don't care. :) I'm thrilled to be getting old. Except I'd like to be young again - just to fix a few things and then go right back to being 30.

"Hear 'em singing Happy Birthday Better think about the wish I made This year gone by ain't been a piece of cake Every day's a revolution Pull it together and it comes undone Just one more candle and a trip around the sun

Chorus:I'm just hanging on while this old world keeps spinning And it's good to know it's out of my control If there's one thing that I've learned from all this living Is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go

No, you never see it coming Always wind up wondering where it went Only time will tell if it was time well spent It's another revelation Celebrating what I should have doneWith these souvenirs of my trip around the sun

(Chorus)Yes, I'll make a resolution Then I'll never make another one Just enjoy this ride on my trip around the sun Just enjoy this ride ...Until it's done" - this is jimmy buffet - I'm not stealing it - I'm sharing it...

life is SOOO short. I see it all around me. I don't want to miss things - I want to live without regret. I want to enjoy my kids and make sure those around me know they are loved.

SO I'm gonna be 30 - I've had a good go round...

No comments: