Friday, June 23, 2006

It's getting scary...

2 weeks from now I'll be loading up the van and getting ready to drive across the country. 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!

It's starting to get real. We signed with our realtor today and I have faith we'll have a semi-quick sale. Here's hoping huh? It seems like things are falling into place. Our neighborhood was running super slow (think 90-120 days to sale) but it looks like in the last 2 weeks things are moving... because of this we were able to list our house for 10K more than we were going to have to at the beginning of the month. We'll still be towards the bottom price range for houses on the market - but I think we're in good shape.

My friend Becky (I hope she doesn't mind me posting this!!) lives across the city and I've only seen her once since I moved up here. We have little chicklets the same age (I think they are 1/2 hour apart). She is a realtor and is awesome. We chose to go with a local realtor since the market is so tight right now we needed someone bringing in local buyers and who is selling in our neighborhood right now. I know she would have done a rocking job selling our place though. If you are in Western Phoenix and need to sell or buy a home - check them out!!

I'm really glad we'll be vacating before the house goes on the market. I don't have to worry about chasing after the kids to clean up every 5 minutes and we can get the carpets cleaned and the house cleaned... and it will stay that way.

The packing is going S L O W L Y but coming along. This weekend will be a big push to get things done. We had our babysitter here for one morning this week and that was a huge help. She's gone for the next week and then she'll hopefully be coming back to help right before we go.

No comments: