Tuesday, June 20, 2006

We have a plan...

Unfortunately it also involves moving our time line up - AGAIN. It will be verified by the new company tomorrow - but it looks like we're heading out of here July 8. Yes. In just under 3 weeks.

So - does anyone here have any tips for traveling with 3 kids on a 4-5 day drive across country?

I'm making a book for Julia of maps of where we are going since we've been working on reading maps. I'm also packing a small soft side cooler for them to keep in the back with them so that they can serve themselves.

We're upping our Netflix amount and filling it with kids movies so that we'll be loaded up on new to us DVDs to watch.

What else do you do on long trips?

Oh and while I'm asking for advice, what kind of things do we need to make sure we travel with? What paperwork?

And some more questions.... Advice for traveling with a dog and cat too?

I'm excited about the travel part. I'm excited about the living in Maine part. I'm even getting excited about the packing up part now that we have a plan.

Anyone out there have more tips for me? Moving, traveling, renting related???

1 comment:

Jojo said...

When Daisy and I moved here from Sacramento, Bill drove the Uhaul and Daisy and I drove my car. We invested in two-way radios so that we could talk while traveling together. Which I guess Cell phones would work just as easily but you're not always guaranteed that your cell phones will be in range. It was nice to have the radios to let each other know we needed to stop.

My only other suggestion would be - is there any way someone can fly the girls to Maine? I don't know if you have any relatives there etc? The farthest we have driven w/both girls is to San Diego - and it wasn't too bad- but we had to make quite a few stops and it took about 9 hours.