Friday, June 02, 2006

Like mother, like daughter

Anna is Mini Me. She looks like me, has my bad attitude even has my love for life. She sleeps like me (only needs minimal sleep but if she doesn't get it - WATCH OUT!), eats like me (poor baby) and makes messes like me.

Yesterday I learned just how much like me she is. I've been told all my life what a, ummm, curious (read troublemaker here) kid I was. While my mom was feeding my newborn brother - my under two aged self decided to scale a chain link fence and try to jump off the diving board into our neighbors pool. If we had a pool - Anna would already be dead.

After nap time she went into the playroom and was quietly reading books like she's been doing for weeks now. I sat down and nursed Emma Leigh. Anna came in after about 20 minutes and gave me a hug and told me her foot hurts. I looked at her foot and kissed it but saw no injury. THen I realized how warm and sweaty she was. Oh no. After Sunday nights hallucinations I was concerned she was sick. I put Em down (of course this means screaming) and got the thermometer to take Anna's temp. 97.9 - just like always (we're a family of low temps). Weird. I even thought to myself that maybe she was playing outside. It felt like she had been warmed by the sun. The back door was closed and locked. I never heard it open and being a slider - you can hear it when it opens.

Then about an hour later Anna and Julia were playing Polly Pockets in her room. I sat down to nurse Screamer again. Within 10 minutes Julia comes into the room and sits down and is talking to me. I asked her where her shadow is (Anna always seems to be just a second behind her) and she said she didn't know. Anna left the room right after I did. So - once again I put down Em to more screaming. I look in her little book nook and she's not there. Not in my room, not in the bathroom... no where... then I notice the back door is open just a crack.

Yep.

She's outside in bare feet. Where you might ask? How about on the top rung of the ladder on the playset trying to grab the monkey bars (which she's 2 feet to short to grab). Now she's crying and saying "help momma, can't reach".

Yep. She's my girl.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Het, it's Marian... one bad thing about not posting often is that I truly had no idea that you had THREE little girls now!!! Well, now I know!! Little Anna really keeps you on your toes, huh?? HUGS!!!

Het said...

:) Yep - three little girlies... our house is FULL! :) I'm glad you stopped by to read!

Anonymous said...

Yep, she is your girl!!!