Thursday, June 29, 2006

Whoo hoo! I didn't kill the kids. 4 whole days alone and they are still alive. My man isn't home quite yet - but will be soon (he did get on his flight this time!!).

Now - I didn't get anything done except laundry - but having my man come home to the same 3 kids he left is a good compromise - doncha think?

And - he'll be excited to see that Emma's rolling over isn't just a fluke. She does it all the time now. She is under strict orders to slow the hell down though. I don't want her to be one of those freaks of nature who walks at 9 months. She can stay happily content with immobility for at least 8 more months.

Did I mention we will most likely have a house with stairs????? oh my. We're going to have to intall 5 ft baby gates to keep Anna from throwing herself to an untimely death. That's what I want for my anniversary - really, really good baby gates for the stairs.

Ummm - I'm moving across the entire country - well - almost - 2800 miles of country in 8 days.

Has it sunk in yet? Nope. But I did start my lists. You know I'm serious when I start making lists. Packing lists, to do lists, lots and lots of lists. I even have a little moving notebook which lists what's in each box I pack. I'm embarassed to tell you how many boxes that is.

Here's a list for you:

List of things I'll miss about Phoenix:

- December through March
- Being able to pick my own cotton for my clothes from the fields behind my house
- Monsoons - but in the rest of the country you call them thunderstorms
- no smoking in indoor public places
- swimming weather 12 months of the year
- saguaro cactus
- amazing sunsets
- the stars
- new construction
- low property taxes
- living in Tucson ;)


List of things I will NOT miss about Phoenix:

- 118 degree weather
- burning my hands on my steering wheel/sunglasses/car seat buckles
- UV rays that can bore through concrete
- black widows in my backyard, scorpions, brown spiders, lots of poisonious snakes
- fire ants
- new construction
- Did I mention the heat? but it's a dry heat

No comments: