Friday, March 17, 2006

WHEW....

She didn't have to be hospitalized. Her level was at 17.6 and they hospitalize at 18-20.

So - they ordered her a phototherapy bed - and we spent a miserable night fighting to get her to keep her little protective eye wear on and from ripping the protective drape off. FUN. Going against orders we decided to give it a break and let her sleep and let me sleep. That was nice. A whole hour of sleep! Then they called to make her appointment for her blood draw - and no more sleep. But it was nice. An hour.

Emma Leigh nursed like a pro all night. She hates formula so I think she's had about an ounce.

We have kept her in the sun all day - napping in her diaper in her comfy Papasan swing. Nursing like crazy.

So - we finally called to get the results... and her bili level has come down to 15 something. Oh my. I'm so thrilled. She doesn't have to go to the hospital - or get another blood check until Monday, then she has a repeat weight check then too. YEAH! Happy St. Patricks Day to me... gotta love the Luck of the Irish!

I'm relieved. To put it mildly. My sweet baby is OK.

No comments: