1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before? Had a level II ultrasound??
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?I didn't make any last year - but I have some for 2006!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?Lots of people! My SIL had my nephew Hayden, my friend Julie had her son Ethan, Joanna had Lily, OY I know I'm forgetting someone!
4. Did anyone close to you die? no - thank God
5. What countries did you visit?None but we did get around - Disneyland (2 times!), Maine, San Diego, Michigan
6. What would you like to have in 2006 which you lacked in 2005? Energy!
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched in your memory, and why? August 9, 2005 - :) when we found out our littlest bambina would be joining us.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting through it!
9. What was your biggest failure? Not really MY failure - but the loss of our baby that was due in October.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? August - November were a blur of morning sickness... and I'm currently sick - but other than that... I'm good.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Plane tickets to Michigan
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Dan. He's the man.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? This one is a secret.
14. Where did most of your money go? Mortgage and car payment... :(
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Disneyland trips, going to Maine- both babies...
16. What song will always remind you of 2005? ????
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: Happier or sadder? Thinner or fatter? Richer or poorer? I think I'm happier, believe it or not - thinner and currently poorer. But not for long.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Smiling
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Vomiting - but it's worth it for this healthy baby
20. How will you be spending Christmas? At home with Dan and the Doughkids. :)
21. Did you fall in love in 2005? Yes
23. How many one-night stands? Not this year - pregnancy puts a damper on that...
24. What was your favourite TV program?The Biggest Loser was amazing - but I LOVE Grey's Anatomy
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Not HATE - but dislike - yes
26. What was the best book you read? I just finished Eragon and Eldest
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Jack Johnson, The Killers, Radio Disney...
28. What did you want and get? I didn't know I wanted it then - but this little one...
29. What did you want and not get? Please don't take this the wrong way but it's the only thing I can thikn of!!! A son. (This was Joanna's quote - but I think I'm going to second it)
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Probably Spanglish... I can't really remember any others right now (only saw Madagascar, Star Wars and Chicken Little IN theaters this year)
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old did you turn? I turned 30 - and had dinner at Peter Piper Pizza for Julia's soccer party. Dan did take me to Black Angus for dinner before my birthday though..
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?Having a free housekeeper (umm yeah - I'll second JOanna on this)
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? Jean shorts and v neck t-shirts - NOW maternity jeans - and v neck t shirts... :)
34. What kept you sane? Who says I am... I'm pretty sure I'm not.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Well - Patrick Dempsey (STILL) :)
36. What political issue stirred you the most? I'm not going there...
37. Whom did you miss? So many people right now... it's quite pathetic. Let's see - my grandparents, my Aunt Pam, Uncle Butch and Aunt Ha ha, my parents, Dan's family, my friends in Michigan... my Maine friends and family... and sadly - my little one I could have been holding in my arms right now.
38. Who was the best new person you met? Well - the BEST was meeting the Meek man again, I can't tell you the smiles he brought into my life. Kathy and Joanna were the best thing to come from the Y... and I'm so glad I met them, I just wish I could see them more often!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005: My life needs to change - and doing it rather than talking about it is the only thing that makes the difference. LIfe is short - don't waste it on things that bring you pain.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: This one is easy...
Hear 'em singing Happy Birthday
Better think about the wish I made
This year gone by ain't been a piece of cake
Every day's a revolution
Pull it together and it comes undone
Just one more candle and a trip around the sun
I'm just hanging on while this old world keeps spinning
And it's good to know it's out of my control
If there's one thing that I've learned from all this living
Is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go
No, you never see it coming
Always wind up wondering where it went
Only time will tell if it was time well spent
It's another revelation
Celebrating what I should have done
With these souvenirs of my trip around the sun