Tuesday, December 20, 2005

No - I'm not a paid sponsor...

But man oh man do I have good things to say about the US postal service.

Usually getting my packages out is a BITCH. The PO location here is about 20 minutes away - and there is usually at least a 1/2 hour line (and this is not during prime holiday mailing time) - but I've waited in line for an hour and a half before - with two whiny kids (yes, the Dough kids do indeed whine occasionally).

This year - I shipped out my packages from my home. I can see my dreams of hermit living in the future. ROCK ON! I used some of my boxes (with the cool Priority Mail stickers they delivered) and some of their boxes (which they also delivered to my home) - printed out my mailing labels and put the packages outside of my door. Someone CAME AND GOT THEM (and I think it was a postal employee!). :)

Yes, I know that our friends at Fed Ex, UPS and DHL will also take packages off my hands - from my home - but usually not for their cheaper ground rates - just overnight and 2 day air. - and this year - the prices I paid for shipping beat the hell out of those places. Considering gas prices - I'm fairly certain I saved some there too.

Oh yes - just to avoid the emails - I have heard of such a thing as internet shopping where you order things online and they send them to your loved ones without you having to do a thing... I even used that this year! This year I intermingled some handcrafted items with purchased items... SO THERE.

So - yeah me

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds." Lets just hope this part is true!

No comments: