Sunday, December 18, 2005

I apparently gave birth to Rocky Balboa...

Anna Dough Kid KOd me with one punch and a grab... and now, sadly enough, she's in baby prison. I'm not sure how long her sentence will be - since the judge and the jury went to a birthday party... but I'm guessing a good long time. The problem for me, the victim, is that baby prison is a hoot to the little slugger. She's having the time of her life in her little cell. Maybe it's the toys? or perhaps the Frosty video she gets to watch. I'm not sure which one.

So - the nitty gritty... Anna was playing a good natured game of HONK THE NOSE when it took a turn for the dangerous. You know the saying "You'll poke your eye out"? Well - she did her damndest to do just that. I ended up with a bloody nose and a scratched eyeball - and then a chuck missing from the underside of my eyelid. Ok - no harm, no foul right? Soooooo wrong. You just don't realize how much you move your eyeball until it's injured.

So - now I look, in the words of the oldest doughkid "kind of weird". With a swollen eye. I even tried napping - but damn if you don't move your eyes in your sleep too!

So - I'll just sit here reading the end of my Patricia Cornwell book with one eye... while Banana hangs out to dry in her little 2 1/2' x 4' cell... I hope the judge/warden gets home in time for food service. I'm not going within 2 feet of that menace.

No comments: