Tuesday, May 02, 2006

4 kids

As expressed in my previous post, we needed Dan here. He was the rock that held us all together over the past 5 months.

That said, it's amazing how different my life is without him here. For the past 5 months - he's been around almost every single day. For the four years prior he worked out of the home so he was still around - A LOT. Now he's gone and it looks like he'll be gone about 70 hours a week (he works a 50 hour work week - and has an almost 2 hour commute - so that's another 20 hours).

The first thing I notice is that my leisurely mornings are GONE. My naps are GONE. Damn I'm tired. It's hard to be up till 2am with one kid and then get up at 7a with the other ones. We'll work on that.

BUT - the house is cleaner. The dishes are done. Laundry is getting done (folded and put away even). I found the time to clean out my kitchen cabinets this afternoon during medium and small fries naps. The kids are eating real, balanced meals again. I did a craft with big fry. It's weird.

I don't know why - but it's true. Maybe it's nesting. I didn't get much of a chance to do it at the end of my pregnancy. Maybe I feel more responsible since he's working - I should be too.

Well - I've had enough of a break.... small fry needs fed, and that's all me.

No comments: