Sunday, May 21, 2006

I'm moving out...

Well - I may not be - but man oh man is my stuff!

We have spent a good chunk of this weekend and have plans for next weekend - to purge a bunch of things from our home and garage.

Some we're selling off - some we're donating away, some we're recycling and some we're just plain trashing.

Next weekend we're going to have a garage sale of sorts. We'll post a sign or two but mostly we're going to spend some time in the garage clearing stuff out. If people stop and find something - great if not... off it goes.

What is it about clearing the extra crap out of your life that frees your soul? I've always held on to tangible things. I NEED those reminders in my life. Well, I thought I did. Now I know that I need to make room for new experiences and memories, not to mention make room for my sanity and having a house that's manageable. Before we moved here I read a book that was great... It's called Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui by Karen Kingston . I recommend it if you are looking for the inspiration to get rid of the things (material possessions, emotional issues... ) that are holding you back.

In watching the documentary on the Duggars (the family with 16 kids) - the mom made the comment that her life is easier now with 16 kids than it was with just 2 because now she's organized. I definitely beleive that's true and as I'm learning - that makes sense even with 3. In order to get our stuff accomplished - we need to be organized. Something I am great at - but have been too lazy to implement. Since I'm getting my butt going - the organization is naturally falling into place.

No comments: