Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Freecycle

From an earlier post - you may already know how much I love Craigslist. Super fast responses - money for things in my house, and I don't have to go to the Post Office!!

I love to donate old clothing and items to our local children's group and women's shelter. Yet - there are just somethings in this world that seemingly have no home.

That's when I turn to Freecycle. I haven't gotten a whole lot FROM freecycle - but I love to offer things. I like the thought behind it. It's amazing some of the things you see on there - from 10 month old practically new kitchen appliances to used shoes. the purpose is to help people find things they need/want and to help keep things out of the landfills.

Just when you think that there is NO ONE in the world who would want that old coffee pot with the burned corner... you post it on Freecycle and 3 people respond in minutes that they've always wanted one.

Seriously. If it's free. Someone will take it.

This weekend we got rid of a 20 cu ft upright freezer, a bread slicing board, an old expresso maker, a 10 year old crock pot, a foam gymnastics thing, some pine shelves painted in bright yellow and blue, a baby bottle organizer, and an old school sandwich maker.

No comments: