Sunday, May 07, 2006

car chatter...

In the car we do some of our best talking - I think it's the captive audience. Good thing because we spend a lot of time in the car living out in the boonies like we do.

Yesterday Julia was on a roll....

We play a lot of games in the car - like I Spy, Letter search, etc... so Julia decides to play a new game she made up "it's called the guess what I'm a thinking game. I think of something and you try and guess what it is and then we take turns, ok?" Let me just tell you how funny this game is. You can literally spend an entire car ride trying to figure out what she's thinking. :)

Then I suggest we play the quiet game. "mom, I HATE the quiet game! We play it all the time at school." Dan and I laugh. Then... the kicker... "and I always lose" ha ha ha ha ha ha Apparently she really is my daughter.

Lately we've been talking a lot about our dog Savannah who passed away in December. After Julia mentions her, she'll say "thinking and talking about Savannah makes me so sad". So we've had talk after talk about death and remembering those we love. Yesterday we drove by the hotel we lived in while our house was being built, and Dan pointed out that's where we lived with Trooper and Savannah. As usual Julia comments that she gets sad when we talk about Savannah. The she says "don't worry, you can talk about her, I'll just cut that part of my brain out" . Now - it may not seem funny - but the fact she even thought she could do it that way... and of course her delivery... was funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Time for a new Post, Het.