Wednesday, May 17, 2006

She's sooo good...

Lots of kids dancing on a stage 6 of them going in all directions 2 of them dancing in sync (Julia's little friend S knows what she's doing too!). Part of the experience of young girls dance recitals is watching them not know what to do.

Not my kid. Don't get me wrong - I'm guessing if she was in the outfield during a t-ball game, she WOULD be the one picking her nose, looking at bugs, playing with the grass...

In dance, she apparently knows her stuff. The owner of the Dance program pulled me aside at the rehearsal today to tell me that Julia needs to skip a "grade" so to speak in dance. She is a natural dancer, she moves with the music, she's graceful, and she has a natural dancers body. Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm - my kid????? THe one with the dozens of bruises all over her body because she's constantly falling? Yep. Her.

She couldn't say enough about my baby. That she listens in class, she's a beautiful dancer and a delight to watch. They are approving her to move up two classes in the fall. My kid. Really.

Then I had two separate Company parents come ask me if the girl in the beautiful dress (thanks Mum!) was my daughter. They said she carried the dance, and they were amazed she was only 5. She's 6 inches taller than the other girls and just knows what to do. One mom said she was GLOWING. My kid.

Yep, that's my kid.

No comments: