Monday, January 01, 2007

40 questions about my 2006

I'm so stealing this! I saw this on CrazyRN's blog and she stole it from Kelly's blog ! Thanks!!!

40 questions about my 2006

1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before? Became the mother to 3 little girls!

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and will you make more for next year? Yes and no. I did get more organized - I did get rid of lots of things... but the hectic pace of the move did more damage. I will continue to work on that for 2007.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Me in March, my good friend Stephanie - right before Christmas

4. Did anyone close to you die? No. Well, my parents dog Sweetie Pie.

5. What countries did you visit? Canada

6. What would you like to have in 2007 which you lacked in 2006? stability

7. What date from 2006 will remain etched in your memory, and why? March 12 - the day Emma Leigh turned our world upside down

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Moving across the country

9. What was your biggest failure? This is a long one. This year my biggest failure was finally succumbing to depression... again.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Spraigned my ankle

11. What was the best thing you bought? ????

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My family - Dan found a job and took care of moving most of our things out here... and my girls are doing a stellar job of adjusting.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Me

14. Where did most of your money go? Bills, bills, bills and down payments

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Living in Maine

16. What song will always remind you of 2006? My Little Girl by Tim McGraw. I love this song.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: Happier or sadder? Thinner or fatter? Richer or poorer? Happier, fatter, and it's a wash between richer/poorer. We have more money coming in because Dan is employed but we're struggling to get over the 6 months without income and a move.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Smiling and sleeping

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Being angry

20. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve? I spent it with my kids and husband - yummy lobster!

21. Did you fall in love in 2006? Yep - with Em's smile

23. How many one-night stands? None

24. What was your favorite TV program? Grey's Anatomy, Studio 60, Ugly Betty, House and Bones.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No

26. What was the best book you read? I have no idea!

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? ipod

28. What did you want and get? a job for Dan

29. What did you want and not get? a great paying job for Dan

30. What was your favorite film of this year? I don't know about this one, I saw Curious George and Happy Feet in the theater.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old did you turn? I turned 31 and I had a little party with my family.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Em not being in pain

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? Jean shorts and a v neck tshirt

34. What kept you sane? Zoloft and therapy

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? This year I'm not sure... it certainly wasn't Britney... ICK.

36. What political issue stirred you the most? the November elections!

37. Whom did you miss? My parents

38. Who was the best new person you met? I haven't met too many new people - so I'll just stick with Julia's teacher. She's wonderful.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006: That I'm OK. That sometimes I need to give myself a break.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: "Has someone taken your faith?Its real, the pain you feel,The life, the love,You'd die to heal,The hope that starts,The broken hearts,Your trust, you mustConfess,Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?"

3 comments:

Dori (Aviva's mommy) said...

What great answers. I hope this year is filled with joy and happiness for you and your family.

HUGS!

Kelly said...

Hugs Het! I hope thing improve depression wise!

Funny thing... I actually "stole" this from you last year! LOL

moe berg said...

hang in there. it's going to be a banner 07.