Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Saturday Julia went to a birthday party. Anna stayed at home wondering why she wasn't invited. To make it up to her we played games, dressed up in our princess clothes and had fun too. So much fun she didn't want to go get Julia.

Dan and I spent 20 minutes fighting with her to get her clothes, socks, boots, coat on to go. When she was finally dressed and ready to go, she sat down and informed us that she would stay. Someone had to watch the dog anyway. (Anyway is her new favorite and much used word.)

The following conversation insued-

"Anna. We. Have. To. Go. Get. Julia. NOW," I said, through my clenched teeth. "Don't you want to go pick Julia up?"

"Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Mommy," throwing herself even flatter on the floor. "I can't"

"Why not?" I said, deciding to humor her for a moment, and very short moment.

"I'm too little," she whispers, peeking out.

"Too little? You are getting to be a big girl"

"But mommmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I will get hurt"

"Hurt? No one will hurt you sweetie."

"No. I will get owies. I can't do it."

"Anna, no one will hurt you. I promise. Now, come on and get up. We need to go. NOW"

"But mommmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, she's too heavy. I can't pick Julia up. It will hurt me and I will fall down."

"wha?"

"I can't pick her up mommy."

"ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

1 comment:

Dori (Aviva's mommy) said...

LOL..what a smart cookie!

HUGS!