Monday, January 15, 2007

I did it!!

I drove in slushy/icy/snowy conditions for the first time in about 8 years. I did just fine. Seems like people around here know how to drive in this weather. I didn't have any crazy people blowing by me at break neck speeds... so that's good. I was really impressed at how our Odyssey held up in the nasty conditions.

It did take me about 1/2 hour to de-ice the van before we left, I admit it took me a while to figure out that turning the car on first and letting the heat warm the windows would help. Once I did that it was much easier, but still laborious and time consuming.

Then on the way home we drove by the beach and I couldn't believe that there were about 10 people out in the water surfing. It's 28 degrees, snow covering the beach - and people are out in the water. Nuts.

1 comment:

Dori (Aviva's mommy) said...

YIPPEE...that is exciting!! SO it is finally COLD.

Where are the pics of the surfers?

HUGS! and stay warm!