Thursday, January 18, 2007

Let's chat...

I'm desperately trying to busy my mind but my interactions with a 2 year old and a 10 month old aren't exactly keeping my mind off things.

I thought about taking the girls out to do something, but considering it's hovering around 15 degrees today, I'm just not in the mood to bundle and rebundle and bundle and rebundle... so we've spent the morning playing and watching episode after episode of "Dirty Jobs". Nap time is now upon us and my mind is racing. Patience is not one of my strengths.

I've run out of tv with Mike Rove and the recent month of reruns has made sure my DVR sits on empty. I've read the blogs on my roll and found that only some of them have written today. Come on people!! Write! Ok. I'm guilty enough of not staying up on this blog - so I'll cut you some slack.

I've entered all my points on weight watchers.

I had my Kashi Lemongrass Coconut Chicken for lunch (very strong tasting - but pretty good for microwave food).

Now I just sit here and try to find something to write about that is a little more exciting than what is going in my mouth. Although really - I should get mega points for not stress eating today.

Well - I'll just go to the old standby - the kidlets.

Julia - Julia is continuing her daily battle to not go to school, but it's starting to lessen now that it falls on deaf ears. We made the decision that in the morning - in the throws of getting ready that we would not entertain discussion on the subject. In the afternoon or at bedtime, if it's brought up, we discuss it and talk about feelings and fears and yadda yadda yadda... but in the morning it's get up, get ready and go to school. PERIOD. She really likes her Hip Hop class and is excited about her ballet/tap/jazz class she has next session. THe cooking class has been awesome. They made turkey chili this week and she tried it even though she didn't like it. SHe even tried red pepper as they were putting it in. WOW. We get enough to take home and so Dan, Anna and I had it for dinner along with the corn muffins they also made. Julia helped me made some noodles for her dinner. Nothing like having your 6 year old make dinner.

Anna - Anna has been cranky lately but is as funny as always. She goes into Julia's cooking class like she owns the place and earned herself an invitation to the 3 year old story time cooking class. So starting next week we're going to give it a try. I have to take Em with me which I think will be the difficult part - but I know Anna will love it.

i'll update more later...

No comments: