Friday, October 21, 2005

Gotta love a good SURPRISE!


Especially when that's all you're going to get! ;)

yep - yesterday was the big ultrasound - but no dice for me. Nope - the placenta is between me and the baby and their machine wasn't able to get a really good look at the details. They saw the baby - s/he's great - head and belly measurement came out to exactly my due date - so s/he's growing well. The heart was beating.

I guess I have to wait until Nov 1 now when I have my Level II ultrasound. That machine will be able to see through the placenta much better and they will be able to see what they need to see.

:) I'm bummed not to know yet - but sooooo glad it's healthy. I haven't felt the baby move in a long time - and it's because the placenta is absorbing any movement from the baby - so I'm relieved!

Thanks for asking you guys!

oh yeah - for those of you U/S viewing impaired - the face is looking at you - kind of reminiscent of ALIEN - the head is to the right of the photo.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

So excited for you! November 1 will be here before you know it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I've put together a little page to help [1973 buick riviera]
people find good places for [1973 buick riviera]
related sites. If you get a chance check out [1973 buick riviera]
.
Keep the shiny side UP!. Ray in San Diego**KEYWOR

Jojo said...

SO your baby is going to be a 63 Buick Riviera? Congratulations! Actually that'd be a good name for a boy.... Buick Riviera Dougherty.... glad to see the little alien in all his/her glory!!! How fun.