Friday, October 14, 2005

Oh man... I'm tired of blood and crying...

Ok - as I mentioned before - Anna is a BUSY, STRONG, UN-AFEARED (I made that one up ;) ) little girl.

So after falling off a chair and hitting her head - jumping off the couch head first, and running into walls (she spins in a circle till she's dizzy then falls - sometimes into the wall - ok - don't blame me - maybe she's Dan "smart" ;) ha ha ha ha) all in ONE day ... it's been a tough night - HELL - it's been a tough 2 months. Too much blood, too much injury, too much freaking stress. So - Anna decides I haven't had enough of a stress laden day - as if being on edge 24/7 in case she does something to injure herself - even in our baby proofed abode. I'm serious. I can NOT let her alone for 10 seconds. GOing to the bathroom alone? NO WAY - she either has to be put in a pack n play, her excersaucer (which is going to have to away this month as she's close to the weight limit finally) or go WITH me... She is a lot lot lot of work. Now - mostly this is balanced with her amazing sense of humor and the fact that her little soul is full of joy (oh yeah - and a healthy dose of evil).

Anna enjoys picking on Julia. Tonight she's in rare form - I separate her from her sister a couple of times - Julia NEVER EVER hits/kicks/bites/pinches back... she is usually just turned into a crying heap on the floor "Anna HURT me" she wails! Well, Anna is in a MOOD. I've already put her in Jr. Time out 3 times for pinches, tackling and hitting her sister (who is twice as big as she is!!!). NOW she's being a sweet baby - she's giving Julia hugs and being cuddly - when out of NOWHERE - she takes the plastic kitchen toy cup in her hand and WHACK - smacks Julia in the head. I have to physically pull her off of Julia - who is screaming a blood curdling scream - and when she looks up - BLOOD!

Anna hit her hard enough in just the right place to knock Julia's earring out! So - we find the front and grab both girls and head to the bathroom. I hand Anna the box of hair things that will keep her occupied. I have to calm Julia down - and try and convince her to let me clean the ear. Once I see it didn't rip out - just pulled out - I now have to convince her to let me put the earring back in. SO - she does - it goes in the front great- but not through the back. So - I have to take it out - and put it through the back to open it. I quickly find out why it won't go through the back - it's a little sac of blood! As soon as I pushed it in - it just bled and bled - and of course once Julia saw that - it was over - she freaked out! So - I got it cleaned up and decided to make ONE last attempt to get the earring in. It goes right in this time. So - I have to use an eraser as a back since the back is no where to be found - and with the force that she was hit with - it's probably out in the back yard! I give her some Ibuprofen to help with the inflamation and pain - and clean both ears one more time with the antiseptic cleaner.

She's now in bed after asking me a 100 times "why is anna soooo mean" through her tears.

Poor baby.

Now I just have to get this little brute/bully/daredevil to bed and I'm going to PASS OUT! I so wish I could drink - I'd have a couple shots of tequila and hand over my parenting duties to Dan (who is home now!!) then PASS OUT!

NIGHTY NIGHT ALL! Last post to this blog today... I promise!

No comments: