Monday, October 02, 2006

The house, the house, the house is falling down!

The house across the street is being torn down and a new place is going up in it's place. Julia and Anna are so excited that it's finally time for it to come down after hearing about it for weeks.

Julia made me promise to take pictures for her so she can see it when she gets home. I'm going to do better and take some video too.

Dan's hoping the use explosives and implode it - but a big old backhoe just showed up - so I suspect it's going to be torn down old fashioned crush it down style!

I just hope it's done in time for Em's nap. Wishful thinking...

UPDATE: Ok - we went from this....






To This....



It was soooo cool. Anna and Em enjoyed the show. It was everything a good demo should be - loud, destructive and full of surprises. I even have video to show Julia.

They have about 1/2 of it hauled off already. The air is full of the smell of cedar.

Who know you could get rid of a house so easily.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds exciting. If Aviva was there, she would be looking for TY!

I want to see pics too.

HUGS!