Monday, October 02, 2006

Reading..

In our house we have 3 kids who love books. Even Emma LOVES to be read to - and just this morning Julia was able to calm her down while I was making breakfast by reading her favorite book ... Peek a Who.

I don't read picture books to Julia anymore, I make her read them to me. I still feel it's important for her to be read too though - so we jumped into the world of chapter books. We have started with the Junie B. series of books and just love them. Junie B is SOOO me as a kid - and a lot like Julia as well. She's spunky and sassy but isn't TOO rude (like Eloise). I like that it helps Julia begin to use her imagination while reading - everything isn't captured in photos or drawings on the page. Julia likes it because we read it after Anna goes to bed and she gets 15 minutes of quiet, cuddle time with mom. Last night I actually had to read ahead after she went to bed to find out what happened next. Yeah - I'm not kidding. We have a bunch more of the Junie books to read and then we're on to Magic Tree House series.

I can't wait.

No comments: