Monday, October 02, 2006

Prayers...

Ok - I haven't said much about this - because quite frankly it's not my situation to share. I believe in the power of prayer and positive thinking - so I think the time has come...

A little background: My mom's family has quite a history of cerebral aneurysms (a weakening of a blood vessel in the brain that causes a little balloon to form). They suspect my grandmother died from one rupturing when she had a stroke at the age of 40. She had 5 children and my mother and two of her brothers have all had them. My Uncle D had one rupture and it almost killed him, my Uncle B had one leak and raise all kinds of hell. Then my mom went and had an angiogram and they found she had one. She chose to have elective brain surgery to clip the aneurysm. A couple of months after that she had grand mal seizures that they believe was caused by the scar tissue. That was all about 16-18 years ago. Then 8 years ago my mother had an aneurysm rupture that almost killed her. She had a second brain surgery to repair the area, and after a long month of inpatient rehab and then months of outpatient, she recovered.

Well - after their accident last August (which I still believe was probably caused by some sort of aneurysm related incident) my mom had many tests done - and it was discovered she had another aneurysm. This time she was referred to a neuro-radiologist and they will be doing an endovascular coiling procedure (microvascular coiling thrombosis) instead of the clipping. If you really want to know what that means - click here. If not - just know that it is not a craniotomy and is much less invasive, but still considered brain surgery and is serious business.

So - they are doing that this Thursday. If you could keep my mom in your prayers or positive thoughts - or whatever it is that you do to send good vibes her way that would be great. She reads this blog so if you could comment to her too - that would be wonderful, but just thinking about her is enough. She is an amazing woman who has been through so much. I'm not ready to lose her.

Neither are they...


6 comments:

Kirdy said...

Momma, I just want you to know I've been thinking about you. I'll be praying for you on Thursday even though I know everything will be just fine.

Anonymous said...

Spider, Aviva and I will keep your mom in our thoughts and prayers. Will be thinking of all of you on Thursday.

HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Danny shared your e-mail with me. Clearly, you mother is determined to be here. It sounds like she is a fighter. We'll send good vibes her way and we expect an update from you. As we Jews say at this time of year, "May she be inscribed in the Book of Life"!

Anonymous said...

Another Jew echoing Hot Wife's comment..."May your mother be inscribed for a blessing in the Book of Life in the upcoming year"

Het, your mom is in my prayers-I hope all goes well on Thursday! Sending many prayers for a speedy recovery. So, who is taking the peas?

Deb Roa

Kelly said...

Hey Het! I'll be sending positive thoughts to your Mom on Thursday and keeping you all in my prayers!

Het's Mom - Not sure if you remember meeting me at Disneyland. I was the girl in the red hat. You are in my prayers for a successful surgery and strong recovery! Enough of this broken brain stuff, OK? ;)

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts and prayers. My husband and I greatly appreciate them. I know Het does, too. Kelly, of course I remember you.
Hot Wife, thanks for thinking of me. I'll be back here next week, to report on the prognosis!