Thursday, October 05, 2006

Update on my Mom:

I don't have a lot of info, but here's what I know.

They put the stent in the carotid artery - and it wasn't ideal for the coiling. I'm not sure why - since Dad wasn't exactly clear on the details, but they didn't do the coil.

So - they are going to let the stent scar into the vessel and then attempt the coil in 2-3 weeks. She hadn't gotten out from under the anesthesia yet so we don't know how she is. I'm assuming since I haven't had another call from my father that he is doing fine.

I know my mom will be very disappointed. If they can't do the coil she will need to do the craniotomy. I'm so glad she's ok.

Thank you so much for your prayers and positive thoughts - we'll need them again in a couple of weeks.

UPDATE: I talked with my mom and she's doing great. Disappointed and a little sore, but ok. My Dad didn't exactly pass along the correct info - apparently she is going in 2-3 weeks for her follow up with the doctor but will attempt the coil again in 6-8 weeks. I know it's going to be a long timeframe for her, but if anyone can get through it - it's her.

THANKS!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

{{{HET}}} I am so sorry you did not get the news you were hoping for. I will continue to keep your mom in my thoughts and prayers.

HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the information. My prayers are with all of you.
David T.Russler

Kirdy said...

Honey, I am so sorry you didn't get the news you wanted. Momma is a strong lady and she will handle this with her usual strength. Hugs for you both and you will continue to be in our prayers.

Julie