Saturday, October 28, 2006

Xmas

Christmas came early to the Dough house this year... I finally got my recliner (after 5 years of wanting one), and Dan finally got an ipod. So far - so good - although Dan's ipod is pissing us off. It won't play anything that had album art... annoying.

So - in the spirit of music being re-introduced to our home, I bring you a list (long and drawn out) of music that moves me... think of this as the giant mix (you know I'm famous for my mixes, kids - back in the hey day it was a true sign of my genuine affection for ya if you got one of my mixes...).

In NO particular order....

- All I know - Jimmy Webb
- Bamboleo - Gipsy Kings
- Pearl Jam's Ten Album (Black is one of my favorite all time), Rearview Mirror, Daughter and Yellow Ledbetter are other major faves
- Best of You - Foo Fighters
- Elvii (my love name for Elvis) - just about it all - but "Are You Lonesome Tonight" is super special
- Colorblind and Anna Begins (where we named Anna from) from Counting Crows
- Daniel, Tiny Dancer and Blessed from Elton John
- Sweet Baby James - James Taylor
- Brown Eyed Girl - Jimmy Buffett version
- If I Had a $1,000,000 - Barenaked Ladies
- Into the Mystic - Van Morrisson
- The Prayer - Josh Groban (for you - V)
- High - James Blunt
- Rockafeller Skank - Fat Boy Slim
- Do You Love Me? - Fiddler on the Roof
- Joey - Concrete Blonde
- Melt With You - Modern English
- Home - Michael Buble'
- 59th Street Bridge Song, The Boxer - Simon and Garfunkel
- Mr. Brightside - Killers
- Breath (2am) - Anna Nalick
- Pride - U2 (My U2 list is 20 songs long - but I LOVE Pride. I'm mostly a War, Joshua Tree, Unforgettable Fire kind of girl - but I do love me some Achtung Baby - reminds me of High School. I was at the concert where they played live with Garth on the MtV Music Awards - remember???)
- Little Fall of Rain - Les Mis
- Freshman - Verve Pipe
- Lose Yourself - Eminem
- Daisy A Day - Jud Strunk
- My Funny Valentine - Frankie Baby (although I could listen to Mr. Sinatra sing anything)
- Meet Virginia - Train
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow - IZ
- Galileo - Indigo Girls (although I love just about all of it)
- Typical Situation, Dancing Nancies, Tripping Billies, Crash - Dave Matthews Band
- Kickstart my Heart, Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away), Without You - Motley Crue
- This Years Love - David Gray
- Take My Breath Away - Berlin (Dan and I's song - our first dance)
- Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen
- Born in the USA - The Boss (Here is another that I enjoy many, many songs from)
- Bittersweet Symphony - Verve
- Wish You Were Here, Final Cut, Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd (or anything really... anything at all)
- I Touch Myself - Divinyls
- Sooner or Later - Michael Tolcher
- She Will be Loved, Sunday Morning - Maroon 5
- Black Horse and the Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall
- Breathe me - Sia
- forever, Morning Yearning - Ben Harper
- Yes I Am and I Will Never Be the Same - Melissa Etheridge (another one that I love just about everything)
- Mr. Tanner - Harry Chapin
- Laid - James
- Birdhouse in Your Soul - They Might Be Giants
- Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
- Motorcycle Drive By - Third Eye Blind
- The Dance - Garth Brooks
- Everybody Love Somebody - Dean Martin
- Somebody to Shove - Soul Asylum
- All Apologies - Nirvana
- Sugarhigh - Coyote Shivers
- High and Dry - Radiohead
- Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes
- These are Days - 10,000 Maniacs (I can sing along with Natalie like no ones business)
- Hypnotize - Notorious BIG
- True Colors - Cyndi Lauper
- Just Like Heaven, Pictures of You- The Cure (oh my, did I love me some Cure back in the day...)
- Waiting in Vain, 3 Little Birds, Is this Love, Could you Be Loved - Bob Marley
- Chantilly Lace - Big Bopper
- Bust a Move - Young MC
- Don't You Forget About Me - Simple Minds
- When You Say Nothing At All - Allison Krauss
- Bubble Toes - Jack Johnson
- Goodnight Saigon- Billy Joel (but I also love Lullabye, Piano Man, She's Got a Way... oh ok - just about all of them)
- The Dance - Garth Brooks
- Sunrise - Norah Jones
- Every Breath You Take, Roxanne - The Police
- Fields of Gold - Sting (Little known fact that I was semi-seriously proposed to with this song)
- Circle of Friends - Edie Brickell
- Radio Song, The One I Love - REM
- November Rain, Sweet Child o' Mine, Paradise City - Guns n Roses
- OK - I'm strong enough to admit I was a NKOTB fan - I'm of that generation... Please Don't Go Girl...
- In Your Eyes, Red Rain, Solsbury Hill, Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel
- Grow Old Along With Me - Mary Chapin Carpenter
- Wooden Ships - CSNY
- Landslide, Rhiannon, Silver Springs, Beautiful Child - Fleetwood Mac (I can sing the hell out of Stevie - we have a very similiar range)
- Mr. Wendel - Arrested Development
- Forever and Ever Amen - Randy Travis
- What's Up - 4 Non Blondes (I can also sing the hell out of this one...)
- Send Me on My Way - Rusted Root
- Run Around, Hook, But Anyway - Blues Travelers (oh my - what an amazing show live)
- Been Caught Stealing - Jane's Addiction
- OH - and I'm a Beatles Girl (Blackbird, Julia (yep - how we named the big Doughkid), Norwegian Wood and In My Life are faves) but I like the Stones as well - Paint it Black is one of my favorite all time songs.

I can NOT tell you how many times I have edited this to add things... I know I can only sum up so much of the music that makes me who I am - and it does make me who I am. Most of these songs are older because I guess I've just shut music out of a lot of my life. I want to change that...

1 comment:

Dori (Aviva's mommy) said...

Now I have to make up my list..but love Billy Joel, Elton John and Peter Gabriel.

HUGS!