Thursday, November 16, 2006

JINX

Ok - I know by putting this out there in the world, I'm jinxing myself but - I think we may have turned the corner on the baby waking every 45 minutes all night long...

Last night she was asleep by 10pm and only woke up twice until 8am. that's not bad for her... normally she'd be up 6-8 times during that time frame.

I'm cutting out caffeine for the most part... and it's helping. I rarely had caffeine in my pregnancies, and then while I nursed Julia and Anna. I started out not having any with Em since I know it can be a trigger for reflux issues and colic. Then after many sleepless nights I slowly gave in to the drug to get me by. I didn't realize how much I was relying on caffeine until I suffered from a terrible withdrawal headache last week.

So - the last 3 nights Emma is sleeping much better and I'm trying to cut back on my caffeine intake - and not have any after 3pm.

Once we get a pattern going (which we won't after I type this and jinx us) we'll start working on cutting out one of those night feedings.

No comments: